The Walled Garden

This was laid out on the site of the kitchen garden in the 1860's when the house was remodeled by Ralph Dutton's grandfather, John Thomas Dutton. At that time all four quadrants were used for vegetable production. Fruit trees lined the central path. Ralph Dutton grew cut flowers for the house also and the National Trust began to do so again in 2010.


© 2010-2012 Lisa J. Miner ♢ Content License ♢ Contact: webmaster@Plantilus.com