Parent: Ajuga reptans
Zones: 4 to 8
Size: To 9" tall and 2' wide
Growth Rate: Fast
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Dense, rapidly spreading. Green to purple foliage, blue flowers in spring. Thin out every 2 to 3 years, especially in hot humid areas, to improve air circulation and prevent crown rot. Deer and rabbit tolerant. Can spread aggressively.
- Ajuga reptans 'Bronze Beauty'
- Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow'
- Ajuga reptans 'Chocolate Chip' ('Valfredda')
- Ajuga reptans 'Mahogany'
- Ajuga reptans 'Metallica Crispa'
- Ajuga reptans 'Pink Lightning'
I purchased a flat of 18 from Evergreen in October 2011 and planted 8 in the 'Mail Box Garden'. In December I planted 8 more in the 'Hide The Hydrant' garden. I potted up the remaining two and planted them in spring 2012 in the 'One Of Everything Garden' and the 'Hide The Hydrant' garden.