Parent: Ajuga reptans
Zones: 4 to 9
Size: 3 to 9" tall and up to 24" spread
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Small leaves emerge almost black and gradually turn mahogany-colored. Semi-evergreen. Blue flowers on spikes in spring. Best foliage color in part sun. Deer and rabbit resistant. Prefers moist soil with good drainage. Good air circulation in hot humid summers.
- Ajuga reptans 'Bronze Beauty'
- Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow'
- Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant'
- Ajuga reptans 'Chocolate Chip' ('Valfredda')
- Ajuga reptans 'Metallica Crispa'
- Ajuga reptans 'Pink Lightning'
I purchased a 4" pot from Santa Rosa in June 2013 and planted it in the One Of Everything garden. It needed shade at first but then slowly spread to a good sized clump.