Parent: Ajuga reptans
Zones: 3 to 8
Size: 6" tall to 24" spread
Growth Rate: Moderate
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Grey-green foliage with creamy white variegation. Racemes of pink flowers. Tight habit, spreads by stolons.
Patent application filed in 2010. Inventor Marc R. Laviana of Kensington, CT.
Naturally occurring mutation of A. reptans 'Purple Brocade' discovered in August 2007 at the inventor's nursery.
- Ajuga reptans 'Bronze Beauty'
- Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow'
- Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant'
- Ajuga reptans 'Chocolate Chip' ('Valfredda')
- Ajuga reptans 'Mahogany'
- Ajuga reptans 'Metallica Crispa'
I purchased a 4" pot from Santa Rosa in May 2012 and planted it in the Helipad Tiers Garden. It struggled all summer and disappeared in winter.