Parent: Ardisia japonica
Zones: 7 to 10
Growth Rate: Slow
Pink flowers and red berries. Center of leaves is light green, dark green margins and large white splotches anywhere. The splotches are like additions to the leaf and feel like a bump in the leaf. Very strange looking.
- Ardisia japonica 'Chirimen'
- Ardisia japonica 'Crinkle'
- Ardisia japonica 'Hakuokan'
- Ardisia japonica 'Maruyama Sunago' ('Gifu Ghost')
- Ardisia japonica 'Miho no Matsu'
- Ardisia japonica 'Rising Sun' ('Hinadi')
I purchased a quart pot at Nurseries Caroliniana in November 2011 and potted it up to keep on the kitchen windowsill. It did very well until January 2013 when it suddenly turned brown and died. I purchased a replacement in April 2013.