Parent: Ardisia japonica
Zones: 6 to 9
Size: 3 to 6" tall, 2 to 3' wide
Growth Rate: Fast
Dark green leaves, long and thin, serrated, evergreen. Pale pink flowers. Red berries in winter.
- Ardisia japonica 'Amanogawa'
- Ardisia japonica 'Crinkle'
- Ardisia japonica 'Hakuokan'
- Ardisia japonica 'Maruyama Sunago' ('Gifu Ghost')
- Ardisia japonica 'Miho no Matsu'
- Ardisia japonica 'Rising Sun' ('Hinadi')
I purchased a 4" pot at Nurseries Caroliniana in May 2012 and planted it in the Almost Shade Garden. It did not prosper but struggled along. I inadvertently purchased another and planted it in the Turret Front Garden. They both died back mostly in winter 2014 and in spring 2014 I consolidated them in one clump in the Almost Shade Garden.