Parent: Ardisia japonica
Zones: 7 to 10
Size: 6 to 8" tall, spreading to 18"
Growth Rate: Slow
Pink flowers and red berries. Variegated green and white leaves, white margins, with pink new growth. Spreads by underground rhizomes. Will die back to the ground when it freezes but will return in spring. Likes well-drained soil.
- Ardisia japonica 'Amanogawa'
- Ardisia japonica 'Chirimen'
- Ardisia japonica 'Crinkle'
- Ardisia japonica 'Maruyama Sunago' ('Gifu Ghost')
- Ardisia japonica 'Miho no Matsu'
- Ardisia japonica 'Rising Sun' ('Hinadi')
I purchased a quart pot at Nurseries Caroliniana in November 2011.