Parent: Ardisia japonica
Zones: 7 to 10
Size: 6 to 8" tall, spreading to 18"
Growth Rate: Slow
Pink flowers and red berries. Variegated leaves, starting off almost white, then turning pink and light green before hardening off to a deep glossy green.
- Ardisia japonica 'Amanogawa'
- Ardisia japonica 'Chirimen'
- Ardisia japonica 'Crinkle'
- Ardisia japonica 'Hakuokan'
- Ardisia japonica 'Miho no Matsu'
- Ardisia japonica 'Rising Sun' ('Hinadi')
I purchased a quart plant from Nurseries Caroliniana in December 2011. I kept it on the window ledge in the kitchen until spring 2013 when I planted it in the Helipad And Tiers garden. It burned immediately so I moved it to a more shady spot in the Camellias And More garden.