Parent: Berberis thunbergii
Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Zones: 4 to 8
Size: 4 to 6' tall and wide
Growth Rate: Moderate
Leaves are green with yellow variegation and intense red-orange autumn color.
- Berberis thunbergii 'Celeste' ('Sunjoy® Cinnamon')
- Berberis thunbergii 'Daybreak'
- Berberis thunbergii 'Maria' ('Sunjoy® Gold Pillar')
- Berberis thunbergii 'Mimi' ('Sunjoy® Mini Salsa')
- Berberis thunbergii 'Mini Saffron' ('Kasia')
I purchased a 1-gallon plant in June 2008 at McCorkles and potted it up to a 3-gallon, planting it in the ground in the front garden in summer 2009. During a short (2 day) vaction that summer the leaves on two branches browned from lack of water. On my return I started watering well again and the plant survived and immediately put out new growth. No problems since then provided the water is consistent.