Also published in Bot. Reg. 1: 82 in 1815.
From Bot. Reg.
Native of the Cape of Good Hope... Bryonia quinqueloba is no where mentioned as a plant ever known to have been in any European collection; nor can we say at what period it was introduced. Mr. Edwards received the branch from which the drawing was made from Lady Aylesford, by whom the plant was purchased, at the nursery of Messrs. Whitley and Co. in the King's Road, Parson's Green (London). The Banksian Herbarium contains a spontaneous specimen, remitted by the late Mr. Masson from the Cape of Good Hope.