Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Zones: 5 to 9
Size: To 4' tall and wide
Growth Rate: Fast
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Dwarf butterfly bush with full-sized flower spikes. Blue flowers. Attractive to bees and butterflies.
- Buddleja alternifolia Maxim.
- Buddleja hybrid 'Blue Chip'
- Buddleja cordata Kunth
- Buddleja davidii Franch.
- Buddleja hybrid 'Evil Ways'
- Buddleja fallowiana Balf.f. & W.W.Sm.
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Ivory'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Lavender'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Velvet'
- Buddleja hybrid 'Ice Chip'
- Buddleja lindleyana Fortune
- Buddleja saligna Willd.
- Buddleja salviifolia (L.) Lam.
- Buddleja thyrsoides Lam.
- Buddleja x weyeriana Weyer
- Buddleja hybrid 'White Ball'
I purchased a 1-gallon plant from McCorkles in June 2012 and planted it in the Abelias And More Garden. It struggled at first, requiring a lot of water, but by the end of the summer it had grown to 2' tall and wide. It was small but okay in 2013 but died to the ground in the cold 2014 winter and tried to produce new growth but then died in spring 2014.