Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Zones: 5 to 9
Size: 4' tall and 5' wide
Growth Rate: Fast
Yellow foliage and dark purple flowers on a compact plant. Deer resistant. Attractive to bees and butterflies.
Introduced by Sean Hogan from a seedling at his nursery, probably of Buddleja x 'Santana'.
- Buddleja alternifolia Maxim.
- Buddleja hybrid 'Blue Chip'
- Buddleja cordata Kunth
- Buddleja davidii Franch.
- Buddleja fallowiana Balf.f. & W.W.Sm.
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Ivory'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Lavender'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Sky Blue'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Velvet'
- Buddleja hybrid 'Ice Chip'
- Buddleja lindleyana Fortune
- Buddleja saligna Willd.
- Buddleja salviifolia (L.) Lam.
- Buddleja thyrsoides Lam.
- Buddleja x weyeriana Weyer
- Buddleja hybrid 'White Ball'
I received a cutting from a friend and rooted it in the conservatory over the winter of 2010 to 2011. I planted it on the edge of the 'Abelias And More' garden in spring. It seemed to stuggle in summer but gained in size. Only two or three flowers in 2011. Bloomed and grew well in summer 2012.