Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Zones: 5 - 9
Size: 3' tall and wide
Growth Rate: Fast
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun
Tight, compact habit (hence the name) with white flower spikes and gray-green foliage. Attractive to bees and butterflies.
Developed in Booskoop, Netherlands and released in 1974. Complex hybrid including davidii, globosa, and fallowiana. Utilized by Dennis Werner in his breeding program at NC State to reduce plant size. Parent of 'Miss Ruby'.
- Buddleja alternifolia Maxim.
- Buddleja hybrid 'Blue Chip'
- Buddleja cordata Kunth
- Buddleja davidii Franch.
- Buddleja hybrid 'Evil Ways'
- Buddleja fallowiana Balf.f. & W.W.Sm.
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Ivory'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Lavender'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Sky Blue'
- Buddleja x hybrid 'Buzz™ Velvet'
- Buddleja hybrid 'Ice Chip'
- Buddleja lindleyana Fortune
- Buddleja saligna Willd.
- Buddleja salviifolia (L.) Lam.
- Buddleja thyrsoides Lam.
- Buddleja x weyeriana Weyer
I purchased a 4" pot at Big Bloomers in June 2011.