Introduced at Kew in 1790, from seeds collected by Mr. F. Masson, near Groot Hout Hoek. Leaves 1 to 1 1/2 inch broad, 1 1/2 to 4 long, heart-shaped, marginated, almost glossy when old. Bractes cottony; upper ones spatulated, minutely fringed. Petals cottony. (Cult. Prot.)
Published in Cult. Prot. 41 in 1809.
PlantList shows the status as unresolved. No further information found.