Parent: Hydrangea paniculata
Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Zones: 3 to 8
Size: 6' tall and wide
Growth Rate: Moderate
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Long bloom season, white flowers maturing to deep pink in autumn. Strong stems. Can take full sun. Good performer in the south.
Seedling of 'Tardiva'. Named by Kay Bowman while working with Michael Dirr at the Center for Applied Nursery Research in Dearing, GA. Rated 'very good' in the RHS evaluations from 2003 to 2008 at Wisley.
- Hydrangea paniculata Baby Lace™ ('PIIHP-I')
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Phantom'
- Hydrangea paniculata Pinky Winky™ ('DVP Pinky')
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Silver Dollar'
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Summer Snow'
I purchased a 1-gallon plant from Nurseries Caroliniana in April 2010 and planted it in the 'Helipad And Tiers' garden where it bloomed but not profusely. In the second summer it produced a good number of flowers which matured to a rich pink in October.