Published in Sert. Orchid. 28 in 1839. Also published in Bot. Mag. 73: 4302 in 1847.
The Orchidaceous House of the Royal Gardens, where our drawing was made in February, 1847, owes the possession of this plant to the Messrs. Loddiges, who received it from Brazil. It appears to have been first introduced, however, from that country, by Mr. Young of Epsom, in 1836.
Basionym of Cattleya cinnabarina (Bateman ex Lindl.) Van den Berg.