Size: To 6' tall
See ProteaWorldOnline for photographs.
Published in Bull. Misc. Inform. Kew 198 in 1922.
Native to South Africa.
discovered by Thomas Stokoe in February 1922, who forgot exactly were he had found it. But the site was not unknown: on 4 July 1925 Stokoe bought some plants at the Adderley Street flower market. From the flower collector he was able to relocate the colony. ProteaWorldOnline.
- Mimetes arboreus Rourke
- Mimetes argenteus Salisb. ex Knight
- Mimetes capitulatus R.Br.
- Mimetes chrysanthus Rourke
- Mimetes cucullatus (L.) R.Br.
- Mimetes fimbriaefolius Salisb. ex Knight
- Mimetes floccosus Salisb. ex Knight
- Mimetes hirtus (L.) Salisb. ex Knight
- Mimetes hottentoticus E.Phillips & Hutch.
- Mimetes palustris Salisb. ex Knight
- Mimetes pauciflorus R.Br.
- Mimetes saxatilis E.Phillips
- Mimetes spectabilis Steud.
- Mimetes splendidus Salisb. ex Knight