Parent: Nandina domestica
Category: Shrub - Evergreen
Zones: 6 to 9
Size: 3' tall and wide
Growth Rate: Slow
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
A dense, compact, dwarf cultivar. Less orange than Nandina domestica 'Firepower' with smaller, more refined leaflets. Does not sucker. Good autumn and winter color - red.
Discovered at Hines Nursery in Houston, TX as a mutant from Nandina domestica 'Compacta'.
- Nandina domestica 'AKA' (Blush Pink®)
- Nandina domestica 'Alba'
- Nandina domestica 'Atropurpurea Nana' ('Nana Purpurea')
- Nandina domestica 'Filamentosa' ('San Gabriel')
- Nandina domestica 'Firepower'
- Nandina domestica 'Lemon-Lime'
- Nandina domestica 'Murasaki' (Flirt™)
- Nandina domestica 'Royal Princess'
- Nandina domestica 'Twisted Leaves'
I purchased 3 1-gallon plants at McCorkles in 2007 and potted them up before planting them along the edge of the croquet lawn in summer 2009. They have grown slowly and there have been no problems.