Parent: Nandina domestica
Category: Shrub - Evergreen
Zones: 6 to 9
Size: 6 to 8' tall, less wide
Growth Rate: Moderate
Exposure: Sun, Filtered Sun, Part Shade
Similar to the species but slight more refined in appearance. Smaller, narrower leaflets, leaves are held at a 45 degree angle to the stems. Good berry set in autumn - red.
- Nandina domestica 'AKA' (Blush Pink®)
- Nandina domestica 'Alba'
- Nandina domestica 'Atropurpurea Nana' ('Nana Purpurea')
- Nandina domestica 'Filamentosa' ('San Gabriel')
- Nandina domestica 'Firepower'
- Nandina domestica 'Gulf Stream'
- Nandina domestica 'Lemon-Lime'
- Nandina domestica 'Murasaki' (Flirt™)
- Nandina domestica 'Twisted Leaves'
I purchased a 1-gallon plant from Nurseries Caroliniana in October 2009 and planted it by the pool fence. It has grown with no problems. In spring 2012 I moved it to the Mail Box Garden.