Category: Shrub - Deciduous
Size: 5' tall and 5' wide
Apricot and light pink flowers with lighter edges, double, deeply cupped. Strong fruity fragrance. Bushy arching habit and large leaves, almost thornless. Perpetual bloomer - may need summer pruning. Susceptible to rust. May be good to train on a structure because the flowers tend to droop.
Named to celebrate the inventor Abraham Darby, who, with his son and grandson, played an important part in the industrial revolution.
Aloha (hybrid tea, Boerner 1949) x Yellow Cushion
David Austin 1985.
- Rosa x alba L.
- Rosa 'AUSbaker' ('Teasing Georgia')
- Rosa 'AUSbecks' ('Bishop's Castle')
- Rosa 'AUSbloom' ('The Dark Lady')
- Rosa 'AUSbord' ('Gertrude Jekyll')
- Rosa 'AUSjo' (Jude the Obscure™)
- Rosa 'AUSnyson' ('Lady of Shalott')
- Rosa 'AUSsaucer' ('Evelyn')
- Rosa x centifolia L.
- Rosa 'Classic Woman' ('Meigroupy')
- Rosa x damascena Mill.
- Rosa 'Don Juan'
- Rosa Easy Does It™ ('HARpageant')
- Rosa foetida Herrm.
- Rosa 'Georgetown Tea'
- Rosa 'Grandma's Yellow' ('Nacogdoches')
- Rosa hemisphaerica Herrm.
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSbreeze' ('Wisley 2008')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSkitchen' ('Princess Anne')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSlofty' ('Port Sunlight')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSmerchant' ('Princess Alexandra of Kent')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSpalette' ('Sister Elizabeth')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSrelate' ('Lichfield Angel')
- Rosa x hybrida 'AUSwest' ('Carding Mill')
- Rosa x hybrida 'Ducher' ('Bengale Ducher')
- Rosa x hybrida 'First Impression' ('SPRoimpress')
- Rosa x hybrida 'Green Ice'
- Rosa x hybrida 'Iceberg' ('KORbin')
- Rosa x hybrida 'Meidrifora'
- Rosa 'JACfabco' (Pure Perfume™)
- Rosa laevigata Michx.
- Rosa 'Meimirrote'
- Rosa 'Meiswetdom'
- Rosa muscosa Mill.
- Rosa 'The Fairy'
- Rosa virginiana Mill.
I purchased this rose at Roses Unlimited in April 2014 and planted it in the Around The Pool garden.