Parent: Salvia greggii
Zones: 7 to 10
Size: To 3' tall and wide
- Salvia greggii 'Flame Thrower'
- Salvia greggii 'Heatwave Glitter'
- Salvia greggii 'Purple Pastels'
- Salvia greggii 'Ultra Violet'
- Salvia greggii 'Vanilla' ('SallyG™ Vanilla')
- Salvia greggii 'Variegata' ('Desert Blaze?')
- Salvia greggii 'Wild Thing'
I purchased a 1-gallon plant from Nurseries Caroliniana in April 2011 and planted it in the front near the mailbox in place of a Lantana that did not come back after winter. It struggled and I moved it to the 'Blue Bird Perennials' garden in summer 2011. It did not take off, but is still alive in spring 2012. It did quite well in 2013 but died in winter 2014.